1. This is a Jewish community. That doesn't mean that only Jews are welcome. It means that the topics of conversation should be, at the very least, tangentially connected to Judaism. Whether it be Jewish religion, Jewish culture, Jewish cooking, Jewish business or Jewish sports figures (we're big fans of Ian Kinsler), it's on topic here. Comic books, particularly Green Lantern comic books, are also on topic. If you don't understand why, you're not sufficiently Jewish. That's ok. We love you and welcome you. We will also educate you, aggressively.
2. This is a weird community. That does mean if you're not weird, you're in the minority, but that makes you pretty weird so you're ok with us. Just try not to be too normal and we'll all get along fine.
3. Don't attack each other. Where does vigorous debate end and attacks begin? The moderators get to determine that. We trust people here to be able to tell the difference. When we feel we can no longer trust a person, the person will be... communicated with. We're very good at communicating. We find people with whom we communicate stay communicated for quite some time.
4. Unless a law has been broken or a private identity revealed against the will of another member, we will not delete posts or comments. We feel posts and comments are the permanent record of our community. Deleting things we find distasteful does not purge that taste; it merely makes it fester. Do not delete comments in threads you start. If there is anything that needs to be pruned, the moderators will do so, very, very reluctantly.
5. If you cannot participate in a particular discussion topic with civility, try not participating in it at all, unless you have a note from your doctor stating that you have dangerously low blood pressure and that the only way to raise it is to participate in online drama. We'll want that note signed and snail mailed to us, in triplicate.
6. Please be capable of being told you're wrong. You are. Just face it. If you weren't wrong, you'd have a life outside LiveJournal.
7. It is our goal to run this community without banishment. As such, we're not going to list a bunch of banishable offenses. If we find we must banish, we will discuss with whomever is on the brink of being banned why it is happening and document at least our side of the conversation here.